Monday, September 10, 2007

Breastfeeding and pregnant

Tuesday, January 23rd, 2007

Status Check:
4 weeks 4 days pregnant
147 lbs.

I called my ob-gyn today to make an appointment for my first pre-natal check. I chatted with the nurse for awhile about pregnancy and breastfeeding as I’m really not ready to wean Joey. Not ready at all. The nurse was actually very encouraging. She said that they don’t think it’s necessary for pregnant woman to wean until about 24 weeks at the earliest. What’s more, she cited some recent research that breastfeeding can actually help to regulate a woman’s hormones in early pregnancy leading to reduced nausea and morning sickness. That was music to my ears. She also recommended that I start taking Premesis (a prescription pre-natal vitamin), that I take 1200 mg. of calcium a day. So, I’m off to HEB to fill my prescription and buy some citracal.

No comments: