Saturday, September 8, 2007

Halloween by the numbers


Oct. 31, 2006



1: The number of minutes that it took for Joey to spit-up on his costume after I put it on.

2: The number of cups of coffee that I drank before I met my friends downtown for coffee. It’s Halloween… I’m allowed to be caffeine and sugar-loaded, aren’t I?

3: The number of hours that my son decided to nap this afternoon. I guess the five o’clock mornings due to daylight savings finally caught up to him.

4: The number of miniature candy bars that I ate right after breakfast without feeling the least bit guilty (OK, so I feel a little guilty but I’ll worry about that tomorrow)

5: The number of hours that it took me to sew my son’s costume (you know, the one that he’ll never remember wearing and that he’ll wear for a total of two hours).

6: The number of times I’ve emailed my husband “the cutest picture ever” today after snapping at least seventy pictures of my little baby elephant.

7: The number of seconds that my son kept his elephant hat on before ripping it off and starting to chew on the trunk.

8: The number of times that I had to tear out the stitching and re-sew seams on my son’s costume before getting it right.


9: The number of minutes that I resisted opening up the bag of Reese’s that I bought for the trick-or-treaters. Really, nine minutes is a lifetime when you’re faced with chocolate on Halloween.

10: The number of bags of candy I bought to hand out to trick-or-treaters who flock to our neighborhood on Halloween.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.