Saturday, September 8, 2007

Mini-vacations

Oct. 20, 2006


I used to daydream about taking mini-vacations. I’d imagine myself sleeping in late on a Saturday morning at a bed-and-breakfast in the mountains. Skiing all day and spending all evening sipping hot chocolate by the fire or lounging on the beach sipping a daiquiri and watching the sunset. Mini vacations where I would get away from it all and come back relaxed and rejuvenated. Now, I’m a mom, and weekends away by the ocean are out of the picture, but I still daydream about mini-breaks. Here are just a few of my recent fantasies:

* A hot cup of coffee, with lots of cream and sugar that I actually get to finish while it’s still warm.

* A freshly vacuumed floor that the baby can actually crawl around on without getting dog hair in his mouth.

* An unexpectedly long nap. You know, one of those once-a-year occurrences where the baby sleeps for three hours and you finish everything on your to do list and have nothing left to do except sit and surf the internet or watch mindless TV.

* Time to sit back on the coach and read a chapter of a juicy novel while munching on caramel corn.

* A Lost Marathon on TV where all of my questions get answered once and for all.

No comments: