Monday, September 10, 2007

Morning sickness

Tuesday, February 6th, 2007

Status Check:
6 weeks 4 days pregnant
149 lbs.

Just when I started to get hopeful about the whole morning sickness thing, it hit me. Yesterday, I felt fine. A little queasy at the smell of the refrigerator but nothing that I couldn’t fix with a really cold glass of water and a handful of trail mix. This morning, it hit me, and hit me hard. I woke up, rolled out of bed and started throwing up. I haven’t stopped since. I called my ob and he immediately prescribed me Zofran, the drug that helped me significantly during my last pregnancy. The good news is that Zofran finally has a generic form, so the $28.00 per pill price tag has dropped significantly, making it much more affordable and giving my insurance company less reason to balk at the bill. The bad news is that my tolerance to Zofran has decreased after my heavy reliance on it during my last pregnancy, so its effectiveness is minimal. I have been able to eat a little today without throwing up, but I feel myself going downhill fast.

While I hate throwing up and hate feeling awful, I’m mostly worried about little Joey. I’m having a really hard time caring for him as the getting up and down and chasing him around the house is only making me throw up more. It seems like every time I settle into a comfortable spot on the couch with the little guy in view, he decides to do something like attempt to climb the stairs or knock the lamp over. Then, I stand up and start throwing up, which in turn, gives him more time to get into mischief. Let’s hope I can figure this out, because I have a long, long way to go.

No comments: