Monday, September 10, 2007

I love my mother-in-law

Friday, February 9th, 2007

Status Check:
7 weeks 0 days pregnant
148 lbs.

I’ve never loved my mother-in-law more. After hearing a teary diatribe from me last night about morning sickness and my inability to watch her grandson, she talked to her boss and somehow finagled two weeks of medical leave to come stay with us and take care of Joey while I try to manage my hyperemesis (which, by the way, is the medical term given for extreme nausea and vomiting in pregnancy). She arrives tomorrow and it literally couldn’t be soon enough. I’ve spent the last few days throwing up, trying to keep a decent eye on Joey and crying to anyone who is willing to listen about how badly I feel and how much help I need. My parents both came and helped for a significant amount of time during the week, but they both work stressful jobs and simply can’t take long periods of time off. My mother-in-law is a godsend. I really need the break. Really, before I decide to even think about getting pregnant again, please remind me of this. I don’t know how I forgot what this felt like so quickly.

No comments: