Wednesday, June 11, 2008

101 Things You Can Do With A Knee Sock



1. Wear it with a plaid mini skirt.
2. Use it as a makeshift exercise band.
3. Cut the toes off for leg-warmer emergencies
4. Fill it with.... OK, who am I kidding. There's not much you can do with a knee sock other than hike it up to your knee and wear it.


My boss (Abby) at Parents Connect just wrote a book called Crafty Mama: Makes 49 Fast, Fabulous, Foolproof (Baby & Toddler) Projects. I ordered it in an attempt to expand my crafty horizons (because my last attempt at crafty-ness ended in $40 wasted dollars and a closet full of half-used craft supplies).


But not this time.... Ta Da! Check out the cool headbands Kate is wearing in the pics. I made them (all by myself!) using knee socks and a silk flower. That's right...a knee sock! Who knew that something so seemingly useless could be so useful. Abby's book is full of fun projects like this one-- easy crafts that you'll actually use (not that a cross-stiched kleenex box cover isn't useful). Cool, huh?

What's next on my crafting agenda? Who knows. Check back... I might just make a sweater out of rubber bands or a pair of shoes out of old matchsticks and bees wax (or maybe not).

5 comments:

Nichol Lee said...

The head band for Kate is adorable. Who know you were so crafty after all!

Brandis said...

Besides the awesome headbands you've so craftily constructed, Kate is looking absolutely adorable in those pictures. So, maybe you have trouble capturing the "perfect picture" with Joey these days, but you could sure go to town with pictures of Kate. She should be in magazines!

The Fergus Family said...

Kate, I love your headband! I hope to see it when you visit us up here in Warshington! Can't wait.

Jan said...

I've been wondering where you get all your headbands for Kate. I think little girls look so adorable wearing them. Gracie has only one headband and it matches only one outfit so we're limited at this time in the accessory department.

Rachel Lyn said...

I just got my copy of the book today - I couldn't stand it that there was a craft book out there I didn't have. We'll see what Bailey and I can come up with!